Subscribe to RSS Feed

July 24, 2012

Young Justice - season 1 (unfinished)

Title: Young Justice - season 1
Format: animated series
Length: 24 minute episodes



Still on my DC kick, I've recently started watching Young Justice. I never got to watch it before because it always came on at times I couldn't watch it, or I forgot, or I was obsessing over a different series at the time. (Or I was probably really busy with academics.) Either way, I've got time now, and I'm in a mood since Nolan's Batman trilogy has ended, so I'm kinda marathoning it as much as I can between stuff I have to do. 


It's interesting to say in the least. It's definitely shoved full of teenager hormones, and sometimes the impatient part of me that has a problem with teens/kids wants to just smack them around when they get into these silly fights with each other. But the DC fan in me still watches and forces that impatient part aside to enjoy the little plot points that get dropped throughout the episode (or several episodes). 


One thing that's cracked me up since starting the series is... well, Kaldur/Aqualad. He's dark-skinned. This doesn't bother me, even though it was kinda surprising (Aqualad was originally pale skinned, like Aquaman).


Twice, while watching a few episodes in a row, a roommate has passed by the television right when Aqualad introduces himself or the others call on him, and stopped to say, "Aqualad is black?!" while wearing a shocked, incredulous expression on their face.


It's really amusing.


On the other hand, Superboy/Conner, has some major anger issues. Reasonable, but still major. It probably doesn't help that Superman isn't being very accepting of their biological relationship. (Or the truth about his birth.)


I'm still trying to figure out which Robin is behind the mask. I'm pretty sure it's Tim, but I could be wrong. I don't know, and I don't want to cheat and use the internet just yet to find the answer. The bad thing about all the Robin's (male ones anyway) is they all pretty much look alike except for their eyes. (Jason sometimes has his white streak, and sometimes not; depends on the timeline and who's drawing.) 


Anyway, it's pretty interesting so far. Strange, since I'm not used to watching these types of shows anymore, but I'm getting used to it. In the meantime, I think I'll keep going and reevaluate my opinions once I'm at least done with the first season. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment